Douglas William Orr, FAIA and RIBA (Hon.), opened his architectural practice in 1919 in New Haven, Connecticut, after receiving his undergraduate degree from Yale University; he would complete a master’s degree in fine arts at Yale in 1927. Orr designed the Taft Memorial Tower, Harkness Memorial Hall, and Connecticut Hall at Yale University. He was also involved in the renovations of the White House and the historic Octagon House in Washington, D.C. His portfolio included many academic projects, among them buildings at Mt. Holyoke and Hollins Colleges and memorial chapels at the Coast Guard and Merchant Marine Academies. He was a member of the Commission on the Renovation of the Executive Mansion, the Advisory Commission on Presidential Office Space, and the Smithsonian Art Commission. Orr was also an academician of the American Architectural Foundation and a member of the National Academy of Design.
CFA Service: 1955–1963; Vice Chairman 1955–1963