Walter Gibson Peter Jr., FAIA, earned a bachelor of architecture from George Washington University and served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He worked as an architect for the National Park Service and formed his own practice in 1953. He worked in partnership with Walter Macomber from 1958 to 1964 and returned to solo practice until 1971. He was involved in the restoration of numerous historic buildings in Washington, D.C., including the City Tavern, Ford's Theater, the Octagon House, and Decatur House. He also served as chairman of the Georgetown Planning Council and was a committee member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
OGB Service: 1954–1958